Happy New Year, everyone!
The An family is currently revving up to watch the Rose Bowl today (kicks off at 5:10pm EST). We’re really excited because this is the MSU Spartan’s first appearance to the Rose Bowl (“the grandaddy of them all”) in 25 years. And, to top it off, it’s the 100th Rose Bowl (how serendipitous).
On another note, we’ve reached that time of the year when everyone starts setting goals for themselves to accomplish over the next year. I have to admit that I’m like the average person who usually finds myself accomplishing a few to none of the goals I set for myself from year to year…but I always end up setting goals the following year anyway. Typical.
In 2013, my resolutions included the following…
- Set a monthly budget and stick to it. (Did better than expected, but far from accomplished)
- Read the Bible (again) in its entirety. (DONE!)
- Read more in general. (Other than the Bible Reading…didn’t happen)
- Exercise regularly. (Got all the way to July before falling off the wagon)
Overall, not a bad year resolutions-wise. So this year, I’ve decided to continue this endeavor in 2014…and am pretty optimistic I can succeed!
- SAVE SAVE SAVE! BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET! (and hopefully, we’ll be more careful this year…it’s really REALLY important that we do this year in particular…don’t ask)
- In picking up where I left off in 2013, I plan to read more this year – no specific genre or topic…just read more. I started on Sunday, even though it’s not technically the new year yet, and have already gotten two books completed so far (what can I say…once I get into a story, I can’t put it down).
- To add to the increased reading, I also resolve to write more – blogging, journaling, emailing, etc. If I’m taking time to put words to paper (or computer screen), it counts.
- And to finish off the list, I resolve to exercise regularly (again). My goal for the year is to run at least two 5K races, and so conditioning is definitely needed (because I’m currently a complete wimp).